*I want to issue an apology, since returning my laptop the Capitals are winless*
The Capitals faced the Senators at home for the second time this season. The first two games ended in Caps loses and this one was well the same. The Canadian capital has swept the American capital for the second or third straight season.
Ottawa got the first powerplay of the game, which bore no fruit, but they tilted the ice with it. Seven minutes in the Sens had 5 scoring chances to the Caps 0, luckily they could hit the broadside of a barn so theres that.
The Capitals got their first powerplay when Spezza went to the box for breaking da rulez, he he someone he wasn’t allowed to. The Capitals got a few chances, but a Ovechkinless Capitals powerplay struggles.
The Caps enter the second period with 1:40 left on a powerplay from Gryba being naughty naughty. Again a few chances but without Ovechkin the powerplay almost looks lost.
Kyle Turris finally broke the tie when his shot beat Braden Holtby 5hole. After a pinch by Karl Alzner, Turris used his speed to create a 2-2 and his shot beat Holtby who was screened by his own man. 1-0 Sens with 8:28 remaining.
After Orlov went for two adfter #Breakingtherules, the Capitals had back to back powerplays. They played a little 4-4 hockey until the Capitals finished the second on the PP. However, they couldn’t get a goal with about 3 minutes on of powerplay time.
Bobby Ryan got a break-away about 5 minutes into the third, he wasn’t “intense” enough and he couldn’t guide the rolling puck into Braden’s empty net.
Ottawa doubled their lead with a powerplay goal that beat Holtby short side past the blocker. Spezza’s goal seemed to be a dagger as the Capitals had yet to muster a goal with a few powerplay opportunities.
- Alan May put it perfectly, it looks like we picked our lines out of a hat with Ward in top 6.
- Grubauer is finally reassigned!!
- We won against the Flyers without Ovechkin to a score of 7-0, Braden Holtby was also assaulted so lets hope that part doesn’t happen.
- Is Holtby wearing a new mask, it looks very uh generic almost NHL 14-esque.
- I love most Swedes, including Karlsson, but I hoped he would struggle tonight,
- Brooks Laich made a beautiful move to the front of the net, his offensive brilliance is beginning to shine.
- Chimmer made a beauty of a saucer pass to Fehr that was spoiled by Anderson.
- Volpatti, Y U RUIN PASS TO CAP’T MERICA?
- Grabovski showed some fight before he got the boot with 10:05 left, at least someone did. https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/425815894754095104 https://twitter.com/JapersRink/status/425816464277659648
- Anderson shined ugh