Short review, we suck.
The Capitals looked to break the 6 game losing streak Friday night against the New Jersey Devils. The Devils were ahead of the Caps by 1 point and a win would have helped in the standings.
The Devils jumped to the early lead after Steven Gionta’s slap shot slipped through Neuvirth’s glove and body with 15:03 remaining. Orlov couldn’t handle a pass from Erat and Jagr took it the other direction and Gionta finished it off.
Then Comcast decided to take a commercial break in the middle of the period. I don’t know what happened but when it came back Neuvy made a great save on Henrique, and then a real commercial break came. Then later in the period they decided to do it again, horn guy wasn’t happy.
at least they reached out
The Devils doubled their lead on a nice pass from Jagr (damn that guy) to Adam Henrique who put it into the empty net. What seems like the game-winning goal early, it also helped that Wilson was called on a penalty moments later.
The Capitals opened the door when they got there first goal in ever on a deflection by Jason Chimera. Wilson made the Erskine whose one-timer was deflected in giving the Capitals life with 9:50 remaining. It took a Chimeracle to brake up the drought.
- After taking a terrible penalty, Erat had two back to back shifts with scoring chances
- Neuvy’s positioning is questionable at best, guess when you don’t play often it happens, he finished strong
- Can score when you don’t hit the net, we need to hit the net more
- Volpatti got crushed twice early in the first
- Schneider showed why he had a .950 some odd save%
- We like to take penalties now that our PK is under 75%
- I think it is time for Tom Wilson to get top 6 minutes, develop the kid (typed this before the assist go me!)
- At least people can see that it wasn’t a goalie problem
- secondary goal scoring is needed, soon
*I decided to change my seat mojo and watched the game in my basement*